Search results

1. S

Raised plant beds

While you have to respect your wife's wishes, the poisonous aspect of treated wood has long been outlawed--JFWIW Dick
  2. S

Classified for FW

To all that responded to my ad for the issue of FW, It has been taken care of and I'm very grateful for the overwhelming response. Many thanks to all.:eusa_clap Dick
  3. S

NCWW Picnic Saturday May 14th

As a relative newcomer, I'm wondering why the bulk of this forum's events are concentrated around the Raleigh area? Is it because of being the center of membership numbers or is there some sort of prejudice against central/west NC locations? I'm honestly feeling alienated. I might like to go to...
  4. S

Grrr-Ripper ordered! (safest way to rip thin strip off small boards)

Re: safest way to rip thin strip off small boards For Pete's sake! If you own or can borrow a band saw you don't need to buy anything! It's easier and safer than a table saw. Ckeck this out---------:icon_thum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WStLPNZjc
  5. S

Looking for Cypress or QSWO close to Winston

Before you buy you should give this guy a call @ 336-306-3986--ask for Richard. If he's got it, it will be cheaper than anyone else --plus he's right in your neighborhood.:gar-Bi
  6. S

Round Aggrivation Board

I made three of these back in the early 60's. Layed it out with a ruler on a Formica sink cut out and drilled it on a drill press and a regular 1/2" bit using only the tapered part of the bit. Painted the holes black. I didn't have many tools back then (still don't) but after all, it is just a...
  7. S

Link belting

If anyone is thinking of buying any link belting for their table saw, jointer, whatever I would highly recommend a seller on Ebay-- "quality-drain" (omit parentheses). $6 a foot and very reasonable shipping. I've bought from him twice now and what a difference it made on my TS! :icon_cheers...
  8. S

Morris chair legs

I cut out and glued up the QSWO legs for my Morris chair today. I'll never use this beautiful and expensive wood for this purpose again. I nearly cried as I glued the gorgeous flecks and rays to the INSIDE OF A CHAIR LEG! :gar-Cr Where it will NEVER be seen!:wsad: In the future I'll laminate...
  9. S

lumber run to Scott Smith's place today

Since I had the time, great weather and a couple bucks in my pocket, I made the LONG run to Scott Smith's place in New Hill for some beautiful QSWO today. If you haven't been there I highly suggest you plan a trip soon. He has a fantastic facility, large inventory of different QS species, great...
  10. S

Small Box, X-mas gift (FINISHED!!)

Tom, the pic of the lid stop I use is now posted under my gallery (smitty62) Nothing earth shattering, but it's cheap and simple and that's what I look for!:icon_thum Dick
  11. Lid_stop

Lid_stop

This is the jewelry box lid support I use-sure beats those $50 hinges!
  12. S

Tom, will do but they're all packed up for Christmas. I'll try to remember (I suffer from CRS:confused_) to take a pic Christmas day when they're opened...... Dick
  13. S

I make several small boxes and what works best for me as a lid stop is a small (3/8") width- 45 degree triangle strip glued in the appropriate spot on the back. Simple, cheap, functional and unobtrusive.:icon_thum Dick PS-(I too hate mounting hinges!):BangHead:
  14. S

Please excuse my rant..........

Personally, I would never be so presumptuous as to tell a member what he should or should not post. I believe that's what monitors are for. I really don't think it takes a genius to figure out the vendor. What I was trying to accomplish was to tell of my experience and for those that wish to...
  15. S

Geez.......I'm really sorry to disappoint you, Bruce. Suggest if you have a sharpener you're happy with, you continue to use them....................
  16. S

I'm sure there are fine sharpeners out there--I just seem to have the knack for picking the losers:confused_
  17. S

But I think members should know when there is an unscrupulous vendor out there. In late July I sent an expensive 10" combination table saw blade to a firm that heavily advertises in woodworking magazines and on line from Buffalo, NY for sharpening. I included a note that although the blade...
  18. S

Tree damage

I must politely disagree. That is surely woodpecker damage and they are after the insects under the bark. Don't think there is any rush, but you probably ought to be thinking of taking the tree down. I had a very similar case, (located about 6 feet from the base) but it was well away from the...
  19. S

Shaker Dining Table

Beautiful work. Your mate has excellent taste in furniture.:wwink:
  20. S

Pulling logs out of the creek

With that twist in it, I'm betting on maple............????????? Never seen that in walnut, but there's always a first time.:dontknow:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS