1. michaelgarner

White oak bedside tables

Great work!
  2. michaelgarner

Saw stop arrived- quick review

Congrats on the new saw!
  3. michaelgarner

1956 Craftsman Drill Press Rebuild - Completed

Great job so far! Looking forward to seeing the rest of this project.
  4. michaelgarner

What wood would you use when using wood for a project?

Outstanding information on a wood selection with Pros and Cons. Thanks for the replies, everyone!
  5. michaelgarner

I know pencils are important

That better be the pencil Jesus used.
  6. michaelgarner

What wood would you use when using wood for a project?

Good morning Woodslingers! I want to ask the group of experts here for some guidance on what woods can be used for a couple of projects that I have planned. Criteria: Cost: Inexpensive as possible (Pine comes to mind, but may not be as strong as needed) Finish: Will mostly be finished with...
  7. michaelgarner

WTB Stanley 20 or 20 1/2

Hello, I was wondering if anyone in our group has a Stanley 20 or 20 1/2 circular plane they would like to sell. I can find them on eBay, but would rather support and deal within our community. Have a great day. Mike
  8. michaelgarner

Screened in porch

Good evening, Are there any construction professionals that can help me? I have a 10' by 11' porch, slab foundation with a roof. I want to screen it in and use a screen fastrack system. The basic framing I get. What I don't know how to do is connect the 6x6 to the exterior wall that is...
  9. michaelgarner

Advise for beginners

Take the time to learn under no pressure. Buy a couple of quality hand tools and some pine or poplar (with no knots) and practice planing, sawing, chiseling, dovetailing, and all matter of joinery. Go into it without the intent of a finished product. Early on, I realized I was expecting myself...
  10. michaelgarner

Cyclone project

Lvparagod I bought it on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01I5X7B28/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  11. michaelgarner

Cyclone project

Cant wait to finish this project up! Next is the barrel and plumbing and throw together some 6in blast gates.
  12. michaelgarner

Anyone exploring a “Smart” shop?

I have Alexa in my shop for Bluetooth music to my hearing protection. But what I love it for is that I made lists per cabinet as to what is in each cabinet. I keep quantity of supplies and I can have Alexa recall location tools and supplies and quantities of each.
  13. michaelgarner

Do you put anything over Milk Paint?

I use shellac followed by furniture wax.
  14. michaelgarner

Hutch complete

I normally dislike multi-tone multi-color furniture projects. This one turned out good and thankfully the colors worked together.
  15. michaelgarner

Hutch complete

I'm stationed at Bragg and hopefully this will be our last move. Glad to be back in MC with this group again.
  16. michaelgarner

Hutch complete

Hello friends, After 3 Army moves I finally pulled up my bootstraps and finished this hutch. It moved with us in varying stages of construction. For some reason this project was my kryptonite. I would work on it some and then pivot on another project to completion. Have you all...
  17. MG Furniture

MG Furniture

Furniture made by MG
  18. 20190223_134925.jpg

20190223_134925.jpg

19. 20190223_134915.jpg

20190223_134915.jpg

20. 20190223_134840.jpg

20190223_134840.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS