Search results

1. gritz

Need a dehumidifier that lasts, suggestions?

I bought a couple of 50 or 70 pint units that died after about 2 or 3 summer humidity seasons. So, I bought an Aprilaire and ducted it through my furnace using four 8" dampers, two normally open and two normally closed. It worked as needed with 12v power from a connection in the Aprilaire...
  2. gritz

I need a new saw for cutting my bowl blanks

I have, and use, both an electric and battery Stihl. I have owned 2 others. Nothing is as good as a Stihl IMHO. I got them both on Ebay.
  3. gritz

Craftsman 22116 Granite Table saw

Drill holes and use 2 or 3 metal pins to secure. You can also make a base with an adjustable featherboard on top.
  4. gritz

I'm Looking for the Collective Wisdom of the Group!

The PB butted loosely up to the baseboards. I removed the baseboards and pried from that gap plus I used some HVAC openings and areas where walls were removed. I started with a short flat bar, moving to 36" and 48" crowbars as space allowed. It moves quickly once you get started and the vinyl...
  5. gritz

I'm Looking for the Collective Wisdom of the Group!

I had a similar situation. I pried up the particle board and cut the vinyl at the joints with a razor knife.
  6. gritz

Building a Chestnut workbench

This fellow from Holland has a property in Italy that he is rebuilding. In this episode he has some help removing the stone roof and he builds a chestnut workbench. Most of the structural wood he uses is locally sawn chestnut and oak. Some of you will find his work interesting.
  7. gritz

Curved apron

Thin strips. My SIL just made some very creative picture frames for his brides upcoming art exhibit using thin strips. The frames extend in various directions...up, down, arcing out, etc...making empty space part of the art.
  8. gritz

The American Chestnut

Chestnut Oaks around me are dying. We have lost one nearly every year.
  9. gritz

The American Chestnut

This old Chestnut trunk is about 1/4 mile from my house. That punky burl is 5 feet across. There is another one at the opposite bank. The trunk is nearly 3 feet wide and I cross it regularly when hiking there.
  10. gritz

Hand Arthritis

Voltaren is a cream form of NSAID. NSAIDs can severely damage your kidneys, especially if you drink alcohol.
  11. gritz

Anyone want to buy some cherry for $50 per bf?

No returns...
  12. gritz

The sub conscious is a powerful motivator

That piece is better than you are giving yourself credit for. It's simple and beautiful!
  13. gritz

WIP: Mid Century Modern Cabinet

Nice!!
  14. gritz

I call it The Mother Bowl...

Nice piece!!
  15. gritz

Latest table- pics

Wowzers
  16. gritz

New Box

One of the nicest boxes I have ever seen!
  17. gritz

Basic hand tool set?

You didn't state what the level of materials processing you are assuming the process would begin with. My 1800s cabinet shows ax or hatchet chopping marks the plane did not remove on the beveled insides of flat paneled doors and on the back where it fits into the sides. Doors are pegged M&T...
  18. gritz

Canoe - Finished (finally!)

Nice execution. be proud!
  19. gritz

Wanting a Vacuum Chuck for Woodturning

I have a Gast pump plus a vacuum tube and flexible bellows if anyone is interested. I no longer plan to build out a system.
  20. gritz

Bowl sander tool

I have a right angle drill motor and use 2" velcro pad and discs, plus a similarly fitted non-motorized Sorby. I also sometimes just hand-sand with folded papers. Both tools have their uses, sometimes it just depends on how fast I want to complete the job, how much I like the piece, or the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS