Search results

1. BobcatBob

Tools for sale

A lady I know is selling her husband's (died 3 years ago) woodworking tools. I went to see them and came up with a list of tools. She would like to sell them all as a package, but I told her she would have to be flexible. . She is located in Cary. Here is the list of tools: ShopSmith Mark V saw...
  2. BobcatBob

Trend Airshield Pro sale

Just thought I'd let you all know that Enviro Safety Products is having a sale on the Trend Airshield Pro. I just ordered one for myself and saved $73.00. Here is the wedsite: http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/trend-airshield-pro.html When you check out be sure and use coupon code "trend" to...
  3. BobcatBob

Mushrooms anyone?

Had this small tree trunk sitting around my shop for a few months and today I decided to get it out of my way. I've always wanted to try my hand at a mushroom and this is the result. That one was so much fun I decided to do a group of mushrooms. These mushrooms are from some spalted maple I...
  4. BobcatBob

Salt and Pepper mill

A friend commissioned me to make a salt and pepper mill for them. Since I have never made one of them before, I decided I had better do some research. After some time spent on this site and the internet, I dedided to order the salt and peppermill workings from Chef Specialities...
  5. BobcatBob

Food safe finish

I have a Spalted Maple goblet that I just finished turning on my lathe and I want to have the choice to actually drink out of it. What type of finish do you suggest that I use that will seal the wood from liquids and make it safe to drink out of? Here is a picture of the unfinished goblet.
  6. BobcatBob

Lathe tools HSS or CS

I have some Robert Sorby wood lathe tools that are probably 20 years old. I do not believe them to be HSS but am not sure. All that is stamped on the blade is "Robt Sorby Sheffeld". My question is this: can I tell from the color of the sparks I see when sharpening the tool if it is HSS or just...
  7. BobcatBob

Pictures of workshop construction.

In the winter of 2007 I started building my new 22 x 28 workshop. The shop is finished and I will attempt to post pictures of it here. The concrete floor has cured for 2 weeks now and I figure that is good enough. Beside that, I wanted to get the building started. The first wall is up, now...
  8. BobcatBob

Woodcraft - free shipping

I see that Woodcraft is offering free shipping - Offer valid 3/18/2008 through 3/24/2008. www.woodcraft.com Bob
  9. BobcatBob

[Problem-Classifieds] Double ad listed

Not sure how it happened, but there are 2 ads listing 6" spiral pipe for sale. Can one of them be deleted with out deleting the other? Bob
  10. BobcatBob

New bench top

My son-in-law gave me a Record vice that he found in the garage of the new house he moved into. I didn't have anything in my shop to mount it on so I decided another project was in order. I made the cabinet but ran out of lacquer to finish the drawer fronts and also ran out of baltic birch for...
  11. BobcatBob

Just some scroll saw projects

I posted some pictures to my gallery earlier today and thought I let you'll know. They have a Southwest design because I did them when I lived in Arizona. Will post more recent ones as I make them.
  12. BobcatBob

[How Do I-Gallery] [Problem-Gallery] Uploading pictures

Status: Entered Assigned To:: Unassigned ===================================== Status: Entered Assigned To:: Unassigned ===================================== Being new to the site, I thought I would try to upload some pictures. I thought all went through, but I can't find the pictures. They...
  13. BobcatBob

New to North Carolina

Hello everyone. My name is Bob. I lived in PA for 50 years, then moved to Arizona for 15 years and in June of 2006, my wife convinced me that we should move to NC to be closer to our children. One daughter lives in Apex, and the other lives in Abington, PA. While I am new to NC, I am not new to...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS