Search results

1. A

Craftsman 22116 - Sagging Left Wing

Yeah they're bolts. I ended up just assembling as-is because I'm really itching to make some sawdust now that I'm aligned. Fence is towed out 0.002 and I'm somehow 0.0005 parallel to miter after I thought I'd never get past 0.004. So the pull to get started was too great...I'll see if the sag...
  2. A

Thanks all - I (unfortunately) have the shims (0.015, 0.010, 0.012 respectively) under the bolts exactly as indicated in Jeremy's photo. When I unclamp, it still drops. At this point I have no idea what the real underlying problem may be, as the shims don't seem to be working 100%. I bolted the...
  3. A

Top's made of granite, and good call, I guess I didn't think of the additional force exerted against the level!
  4. A

Hey Chis - shims are sheet metal, and I shimmed from the bottom underneath the bolt locations per previous recommendations. Not really sure what you mean about "good" level?
  5. A

So got the wings clamped, level as can be, shimmed the gap to the best of my ability with 1/4" wide shims under the bolt locations and...when I released clamps, dropped like a rock. Not sure what to do at this point aside from live with it/hope it aligns when I attached fence rails?
  6. A

Got it, thanks all. I did cut shims down to 1/4" wide and taped under the three bolts. Chris, I like your idea - I'll give that a try here when I get a chance today. Thanks for the help all, I'll let you know how I fare.
  7. A

Alright, it’s better, that’s for sure. But still there...maybe I just leave well enough alone? Is there something else I may be missing here? Holy shim gap batman
  8. A

Got it, will do, thanks guys! I'll go try that now.
  9. A

Trying to get a sagging left wing on my Craftsman leveled out...it sags quite a bit but since it's to the left I haven't been too concerned. Getting around to tackling it now, but just cant seem to get it leveled out even with some metal shims taped along the seam - each shim roughly 0.030"...
  10. A

Craftsman 22116 Tilt/Bevel Adjustment Issue

So I've gotta give credit where credit is most assuredly due - Mike came over this past Sunday and spent nearly all day helping me get my saw fixed up. It now tilts BEAUTIFULLY! We tore it all apart, got the pinion shaft out, realized it was a bit bent, did some DIY straightening, cleaned...
  11. A

Thanks all for your help and suggestions! Been crazy busy over here between organizing/throwing a bday party for my better half and prepping for a two week vacation to Thailand that we leave for tomorrow. Looking to get this issue knocked out as soon as I get back! Have a few guys that have...
  12. A

Thanks ya'll. Got caught up in diagnosing the problem over at Sawmill Creek (posted there as well) and forgot about NCWW. Here's a recent video of where I'm at with the problem - if there's anyone in the Raleigh area that would be willing to come take a look with me, that would be most...
  13. A

Wasn’t exactly sure where to post this, so please let me know if this question should be directed elsewhere! I’ll try and keep this short and sweet and leave it to those of you with a bit more knowledge to ask the pointed questions I don’t know to ask myself. Spent a lot of time growing up...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors