Another Charitable Organization Providing Free Burial Urns

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Check out this web site,

www.freeurnsforveterans.org

I occasionally receive requests for information about our Burial Urn Project from other states. I was first contacted by a lady somewhere in the northern states, she never specified where, and that led to this organization in MN that is doing a project there. The idea seems to be catching on around the country, in various forms. The project in MN is even broader than ours. Check the web site out!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do we have any more brochures?

Dirk, all of the brochures we printed up and not handed out are in the trailer in one of the drawers. However, in another thread, it was pointed out that there were two typos in the current flyer. So those will need to be corrected before we print any more.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce did you download their trifold brochure to use as a guide for ours?
I just did :D

I will Jack. Working slow, bad case of bronchitis dogging me this week. I will very carefully study their web site and brochures so maybe we can get some ideas.
Getting another urn ready for the cremains of Carl D., a 100% disabled Navy veteran from Charlotte, and will be interred at Salisbury National Cemetery. Details to follow as they become available.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Bruce, last time I checked, there are 9 urns at the Salisbury Cemetery. They are stored in an old building over in the old cemetery.

I will Jack. Working slow, bad case of bronchitis dogging me this week. I will very carefully study their web site and brochures so maybe we can get some ideas.
Getting another urn ready for the cremains of Carl D., a 100% disabled Navy veteran from Charlotte, and will be interred at Salisbury National Cemetery. Details to follow as they become available.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, last time I checked, there are 9 urns at the Salisbury Cemetery. They are stored in an old building over in the old cemetery.

What I am hoping for Reggie, is to present the urn to the widow Ann, and get some pictures for our FB page, and possibly other publicity. She resides in Charlotte, it would be great for a high quality picture, and a story to be submitted to various newspapers.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
​Understand, sawman101! Carry on!

What I am hoping for Reggie, is to present the urn to the widow Ann, and get some pictures for our FB page, and possibly other publicity. She resides in Charlotte, it would be great for a high quality picture, and a story to be submitted to various newspapers.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The pictures show they use simple butt joints. Our routed miter lock joints are more elegant, but the use of an assembly jig would still be beneficial I think. Just another thought about the process. In their project, it appears it is mostly a family run organization, with a workshop dedicated to the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors