Searching for 5/8" Baltic Birch or similar

Leonard

Roy
User
I find I'm in need of cabinet grade 5/8" plywood. I'm in the New Bern area but will travel if I have to. Anybody know where I can buy it?

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
There isn’t anywhere local that carries BB ply that I have found. You may be able to talk to a local cabinet shop and they could add it to their order for you.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
WAG Woodworks & More

address: 301 N. Bonner Street
Washington NC 27889
email: wagwoodworksandmore@gmail.com

phone: 252 217 2635
notes: We have an assortment of lumber. We do not stock plywood but we have a contract with a large supplier out of Raleigh. We can order what you need and have it the next day.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Did you check with The Hardwood Store? They do have a website.
I don't use that size. I use 1/8”, 1/4”

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I was in Rockler today and I think they have some, but what size I don't know, or if one of the newer replacements I don't know.

I see three reasons mentioned for the shortage. One being US tariffs on imported lumber. Not sure that makes sense. Second is the primary source was Russia and of course, that source is blocked. Lastly is not enough margin as it is so expensive. Don't know what to believe. I do know the garbage they sell at Home Depot I would not use for firewood.

Last edited:

Leonard

Roy
User
I was in Rockler today and I think they have some, but what size I don't know, or if one of the newer replacements I don't know.

I see three reasons mentioned for the shortage. One being US tariffs on imported lumber. Not sure that makes sense. Second is the primary source was Russia and of course, that source is blocked. Lastly is not enough margin as it is so expensive. Don't know what to believe. I do know the garbage they sell at Home Depot I would not use for firewood.
Thanks tvrgeek,
I visited Rockler a few weeks back. No 5/8"s but they had other sizes. Some other folks suggested The Hardwood Store and a place in Washington, NC. The website for The Hardwood Store says they have Baltic Birch in 5/8" so I'm planning to check out both the place in Washington as well as The Hardwood Store when I'm sure the weather will be dry as I'll be transporting the wood in my PU truck.

Leonard

Roy
User
WAG Woodworks & More

address: 301 N. Bonner Street
Washington NC 27889
email: wagwoodworksandmore@gmail.com

phone: 252 217 2635
notes: We have an assortment of lumber. We do not stock plywood but we have a contract with a large supplier out of Raleigh. We can order what you need and have it the next day.
Tarhead,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking a trip to Washington, NC is in the works for me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS