Widow never used tools

Blehman59

New User
sell
My husband passed away early Dec and I have brand new band saw the stand new bands a drill press a plainer Rikon sander tags still on I need to move so I would like to sell these items

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Frequently a member close to you can help you assess the real value and maybe help you load pics and descriptions here (or elsewhere). Can you provide a nearby city or region so that maybe someone nearby can help?

Blehman59

New User
sell
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Frequently a member close to you can help you assess the real value and maybe help you load pics and descriptions here (or elsewhere). Can you provide a nearby city or region so that maybe someone nearby can help?
Morrisville NC 27560

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
You might not be able to view messages yet.
I live fairly close to you and would be happy to look a t he machinery and give you my opinion on how to price it.
Bob

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just trying to help out. Here are some pictures of the items.

Attachments

• Resized_20231231_130604.jpeg
    Resized_20231231_130604.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • Resized_20231231_130521.jpeg
    Resized_20231231_130521.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • Resized_20231231_130445.jpeg
    Resized_20231231_130445.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 203

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I took a look at the prices of these and here’s what I found. I looked at the lowest new price and didn’t include shipping. Suggestions for sale prices are based on what I see used going for on FB Marketpace and Craigs list. I say “starting at” because that’s what I think might be top dollar. Usually people will offer less and you can settle on something in between. If someone has RECENTLY sold similar items, please chime in with your suggestions.

I would hold pretty firm on all the items except the drill press. All the other items are very new, decent brands and fairly desirable. I would list these items in this forum initially as there is a much higher chance that you can find a credible buyer who is trustworthy. Since you are new to the forum you can’t start a personal conversation, but someone who has been on the site for over 30 days can PM you and you can respond.

If you use FB Marketplace, post 3-6 pictures of each item. Try to include a picture of the serial on model number tag. List each item separately. I know it’s tempting to bundle everything, but you probably won’t get a much that way. Be prepared for scammers. They typically will try to get your phone number, so if they ask for it, chances are they are a scammer. Also look at each person’s profile, if they just joined Face book recently, they might be a scammer.

Drill Press (Black Bull 16 speed). New $400-$500. Suggest starting $275 but may only be able to get $200.

Thickness planer (DeWalt DW734). New $530. Suggest starting at $325.

Rikon belt sander 50-151, 1” x 30” with 5” disk. New $143. Start at $125.

Rikon 10” bandsaw 10-305 with stand and blades. New $400 bandsaw, $40-60 stand, $28 each blades. Start at $350-375 for bandsaw, stand & blades together.

Hope this helps.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
The rule of thumb I used for purchasing used tools is 50-60% of the cost of buying new with allowances one way or the other for age and condition. As these are essentially new I would advertise these tools at 75% of their retail price. Not the MSRP, but the price they actually sell for in stores.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS