What not to do on bandsaw

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
No injuries.

Was cutting something with an uneven base, well attempting to. Lesson learned.

Is this blade toast, or could a professional straighten it up? Was a brand new blade.
20220409_122415.jpg

Guessing it's a scrap.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Did that myself a couple years ago and was told the blade could not be repaired. Sorry to see that, but glad no injuries. John

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wow, cutting into the space/time continuum I see.......:D

Just glad you aren't hurt. I had one of those 3 years ago, scary. :oops:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Maybe you can send the picture to Union Grove Saw & Knife and let them advise. They are a site sponsor. Glad you still have all body part in good working order.

Echd

C
User
I made a similar goof up. I had the bright idea to use my bandsaw to rip apart some cardboard and styrofoam to a size that would fit in my trash fan. I was using a rather thin blade. It worked very well... until it didn't. The blade bent quite impressively!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I will stipulate several points, but be aware that these events may be real or imagnied, as no actual records were kept.
- that at one time that a BS I am familiar with had a blade on it that looked an awful lot like that picture
- that the story behind it sounded like yours
- that no one actually publicly acknowledged cutting (or attempting to cut) something uneven freehand without support
- that the owner of said BS decided that the blade was indeed toast
- that it's possible the lesson was learned, but that such real or imagined events may have indeed been repeated before such lessons were applied to practice

(Posting for a friend).

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will stipulate several points, but be aware that these events may be real or imagnied, as no actual records were kept.
- that at one time that a BS I am familiar with had a blade on it that looked an awful lot like that picture
- that the story behind it sounded like yours
- that no one actually publicly acknowledged cutting (or attempting to cut) something uneven freehand without support
- that the owner of said BS decided that the blade was indeed toast
- that it's possible the lesson was learned, but that such real or imagined events may have indeed been repeated before such lessons were applied to practice

(Posting for a friend).
That sounds like a non denial denial.......:D

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Maybe you can send the picture to Union Grove Saw & Knife and let them advise. They are a site sponsor. Glad you still have all body part in good working order.
Planning to order some new ones from them, so will at least ask.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS