Warm-up Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejones

New User
Dave
My first two WWing projects. No works of art here (note the lack of close-up photos) but they are functional and I did the entire project start to finish (designs & rough lumber to stain & finish).

It was a good learning experience (another way to say that it was painful & frustraiting at times!) :rolf:. Mostly I learned what not to do, which is important.

Desk_Stands_1.JPG

Monitor_Stand_2.JPG

Desk_Stands_2.JPG

Next project is a monitor stand for my wife's office. I am going to attempt a box joint on it so I will also be building a jig. After that, I will start the built-in bookcase, which is the reason LOML agreed that I could spend all this money on tools in the first place. :gar-Bi

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Those look good to me. :eusa_clap Nice work. At least you are using your tools....mine are gathering dust. :embaresse

Will

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
They look great, Dave! At least you're putting the tools to use and gaining valuable experience. Now get busy on the next project, and don't forget the pics!!!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think you did a great job on those, that is the only way to learn.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Those look good to me. :eusa_clap Nice work. At least you are using your tools....mine are gathering dust. :embaresse

Will

Will you need a bigger dust collector. :rotflm:

Dave, these projects look great. Thye do not look like warm up projects at all.:eusa_clap

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Dave, those look really good. I agree, they're not works of art, they're just very functional, well-made beautiful desk accessories. How do I know this? I know what they're used for! (I don't understand _real_ art :) ) As for warming up - I'd say you're ready to go. three-quarters of the project is jointing an planing the lumber, and half is finishing.

I need to build me something like that....

DavidF

New User
David
Looks just fine Dave, we all have to start somewhere and it looks like you have prep all sorted out, used the right joints and executed them just fine. Now you can start the next one!!!

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Dave, those look really good. I agree, they're not works of art, they're just very functional, well-made beautiful desk accessories. How do I know this? I know what they're used for! (I don't understand _real_ art :) ) As for warming up - I'd say you're ready to go. three-quarters of the project is jointing an planing the lumber, and half is finishing.

I need to build me something like that....

and the rest is just math... :gar-La;

Nice work!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:eusa_clap Attaboy, Dave!

Got to get out of the bleachers sometime, and your "first efforts" look great to me!

:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS