Video - 3D Printed Drill Press Dust Collection

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
The "Tree" support in later Cura versions has been good and very easy to remove.
thanks, never heard of that so I googled and going to try that for the next print (tomorrow since storms rolling thru) - it did cut about an hour off the estimated print time and about 30 grams of filament usage.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
My print finished in the middle of the night. So far it looks great! Now I have to remove all the supports and then I can try it out. The ID of the tube opening is just about 2-1/4", so hopefully it's just right!

Attachments

• 20220709_070138.jpg
    20220709_070138.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • 20220709_071133.jpg
    20220709_071133.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
My print finished in the middle of the night. So far it looks great! Now I have to remove all the supports and then I can try it out. The ID of the tube opening is just about 2-1/4", so hopefully it's just right!

My ID measured just at 2 1/4" too, but my hose is 2 1/4" so I need to get a coupler to join them. My next print I'm going to try to increase the size of the print so the tube opening is wide enough for my house to slip in.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did touch base with the designer and he said that it was meant to fit inside of a 2½" hose, not around a 2¼" adapter. He has a smaller one (2.2") listed in Etsy shop, but I don't remember seeing it when I placed my order.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Videos showing it in action:

For my second print I enlarged the print by 2% which enabled me to slip my dust collector hose into the end of it, tight fit but it held good. And yes that drill press is the one I won in the NC Woodworker raffle couple years ago, so buying raffle tickets is worth it!!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS