Under My table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Hi all, I got my first table saw for Christmas. It's a new Ryobi 10 in. Table saw with the router mount and the works.
I have really limited space and need to store the saw away in the cornber of the garage until I need to use it.
What I'd like to do is utilize the space underneath the table. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do?
Here is a photo of the table:

Attachments

• phpThumb.jpg
    phpThumb.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 304
R

rickc

A good site to check out for Ryobi tablesaws, jigs, etc is BT3Central. It will let you see how others use their saw, provide a forum, and section on jigs & fixtures. Should give you enough ideas to get in trouble! :-D

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Edit: these links are no longer any good. Sorry

I used to have that same saw. Using the stock stand, It's hard to imagine any way of getting much usable space.

I would built a cabinet with drawers or shelves or both, with the largest footprint you can tolerate space wise and mount the TS on that. Basically what insom's pictures were showing, just less elaborate and small enough for your needs

You also might want to look at http://bt3central.com/articles/
under Mobile BT3s for more ideas in the same vein. This one http://bt3central.com/articles/layoutpage.asp?ArticleId=24 is closer to what I had in mind

Last edited:

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I had to put wheels under my bt3100.
the place I keep it and the place I use it are not the same.
your right about space not being used under it.
Hopefully you will come up with something good the rest of use can copy.:mrgreen:

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I had the BT3000 which was the Papa of the 3100. It had straight legs instead of those angled ones. I was able to put 3 nice drawers under it for blade and jig storage.
I suggest asking on the BT forum if anyone has an old 3000 stand available. As mentioned, a bunch of BT'ers put the saws on elaborate bases so there should be one around.
ken

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
NCPete said:
Steve, couldn't get the second link to work?
Yeah me neither:roll: It appears that they changed their software to vbulletin like us. There is an annoucement inside their forums that the articles have not yet been included. Will have to wait until they do that then I'll update their links.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Thanks to all for the advice. I am now lobbying my GF for wood. (Since I have no job, I have to lobby for my wares.) :eusa_pray
Usually, I can come up with good projects that will benefit us both. Right now I am working on two single bowl dog feeders for the pooches.
Since we are still in board form, I'll post pics later, once I make a few cuts, glue-up and the like.

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
Anna-Catherine,
I have the same identical saw as you have in the pics. If you wantto make it moveable as I did...I bought a universal mobile base from Sears
part # 22303. You would have to stretch it all the way out (last adjustment holes) and gently tap the legs inside of the framework with a
hard rubber mallet or a plastic one...but it will drop right in!
As for storage underneath the saw...I had a piece of metal with holes
punched in it laying around the shop that happened to work (kinda hard to get into place...but it is in there all the same.
just my .02 worth
eezlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors