Turnlock offset routah base

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapitiscat

New User
Todd Earnhardt
I got an email from Woodcraft advertising the Turnlock Offset Routah Base for $15. Has anyone used this system? I'm not so much interested in the bushing system as I am the offset base utility. Pat Warner makes some great stuff but is expensive. Also, my Dewalt 621 is not on the pre-drilled list so I'd have to drill it myself (if there's any more material w/o holes :-o). What say ye?

Todd

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I have one; only fits my Sears. If it won't fit your holes, I advise against buying it.
The benefit of the tool is that when you twist the base on you have a handle for freehand work. Twisted off, you have an already aligned DT base. As you know, they sell a bunch of bushings to fit.
In my opinion, the Rockler version with the extendable arm for radius cutting is a better tool, if it is pre-drilled for your base.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Rockler piece comes pre-drilled to fit nearly every router in the world, too, IIRC, including your 621. This I believe I recall because I was looking at getting it for my 621, too.

4yanks

New User
Willie
Pat Warner's stuff is expensive but extremely well made. He is also a fan of the 621 so he makes a lot of stuff for it. He is also a very nice guy who doesn't mind giving free advice for projects unrelated to sales; as he did for me.

wapitiscat

New User
Todd Earnhardt
Just when I try to take the cheapskate route ... 4yanks gets me looking at Pat Warners web site again. What's another $30 or $40 to a man making $2.38/hr? Thanks for all the responses so far. Sounds like the Turnlock may not be the best solution. Pat Warner is high on the 621 so maybe I should jump on that band wagon by sending some cash his way. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS