Truss suppliers

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
Looks like I'm going to have to build my shed myself and am wondering where to get trusses made for good price?

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I suggest calling around. I called around when I built my current garage about 2 years ago. I called 3-4 places (I’m in Columbia, SC), one has yet to respond, another was ridiculously priced and I think the other used one of the other manufacturers with a higher price.

I ended up using Builders First Source based on time and price. I think only one of them didn’t use the same truss software as the others.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
I suggest calling around. I called around when I built my current garage about 2 years ago. I called 3-4 places (I’m in Columbia, SC), one has yet to respond, another was ridiculously priced and I think the other used one of the other manufacturers with a higher price.

I ended up using Builders First Source based on time and price. I think only one of them didn’t use the same truss software as the others.
That's great information, thank you.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
For a shed why not build the trusses yourself? You can use the floor space of your shed before you build the walls as a work space. I did this for the 10' x 12' shed we have to store lawn mowers and such. I used 2x4's for the rafters and joists, with 1/2" OSB splines scabbed on at the joints.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
For a shed why not build the trusses yourself? You can use the floor space of your shed before you build the walls as a work space. I did this for the 10' x 12' shed we have to store lawn mowers and such. I used 2x4's for the rafters and joists, with 1/2" OSB splines scabbed on at the joints.
If the price is too high I'll do just that, watched a video where the builder said he did it more for the fun not to save that much money. We'll see I have 3 calls or and have not reverie one quote back yet.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I ordered the ones for the shop through The Building Center in Rock Hill - although their truss department is in Gastonia.

They were cheaper than Carter and were good to work with.

Good luck with your project!

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
The lumber I got in one of these shed packages from BDC was very poor grade. You can upgrade to the next higher frade, but the lumber is still not really good. By poor lumber, I mean the 2x4s were from the outermost part of the tree, with many pieces having irregular edges. Enough so that it would be hard to get sheathing nails into them. Also, many knots, giving doubt as to their structural integrity.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS