Triton TRA001 Router adapter plate.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I have that Triton router.

I am not sure exactly what you are talking about?

Is this what you are referencing?

1706466997276.png

Thanks.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Sorry it’s an adapter plate that accepts template bushings. It’s got issues with design IMO.

Google TGA004

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Researched and researched some more. Came across this:

Not sure exactly what you are dealing with, but there is a section that talks about mounting the base plate:

1706501408615.png

Please read the entire article, just in case my above snip isn't exactly the issue you are dealing with.

I haven't spent too much time with looking for the best way to attach bushings to the TRA001, but now that you've posted your Q, I am intrigued.

Hope this helps.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Thanks that is very good information I never came across.

There is no information on the Triton site, nor with the part which I find a little ridiculous, but I’m not surprised with Triton.

I did not know about the alignment tool, but had already figured something like this was necessary as the holes allow for adjustment.

And I have also found out standard template bushings do not fit and even if they did, the collar is not tall enough to extend below the base. So you have to buy their bushing set, which is a $200 item.

So I’ll be returning the part and going back to a different system. I won’t get into it now, but I was hoping to be able to house the bigger router for a job I’m doing.

Thanks for your help tho.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Thx. I'll take a look at that. I saw a similar one made by PowerTek but was concerned about quality.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
You are welcome.

I see 2 on Amazon, but they are both 1/4" thick. Personally, I'd go the 3/8" thick Infinity tools route for just a little more.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS