Tree ID help

njohnston924

New User
Nate
I'm in the process of taking a few trees down and keeping some of the wood to use for various things. Any advice on what this might be?
A3893D01-AA34-4C02-B933-E74E677A5454.jpeg
A1DEC1BD-90C8-459B-A645-E5F2458EA48A.jpeg
53E79847-8E39-4404-B058-8F1B313746EA.jpeg
4D1DD9F0-6B93-4BC4-AB42-EE53E722710B.jpeg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
White Oak. The clues are the shaggy bark and the rounded lobes on the leaves. Red oak leaves have a pointed leaf. The end grain would be another clue.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Really pretty oak wood, if you need help getting rid of it I would love to get some for turning blanks for bowls and what not.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Well, I hate to disagree with y’all.

So, I’ll say white oak too since that’s what it is.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Those crotches look like white oak bowls. If you have extra, mark me as interested. Please bring samples to the picnic!!;)

njohnston924

New User
Nate
Thanks all! I thought it was but I need to work on my tree identification skills. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the picnic due to our kid's dance recital and another's baseball game. If anyone is interested in picking some up, let me know or if you're able to transport some to the picnic for others that works too. I'm in Concord.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry, I'm coming through So. Pines on this trip. For the Extravaganza, Charlotte. Can anyone bring a crotch or two of white oak to the picnic, please?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS