Transparent Wooden Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I have several tools I seldom use, but know I will need 'down the road.' So, I build wooden boxes for them - often using remnants of other projects and trying out techniques for joinery, finishing, etc. - practicing.

After building a few of these, I realized 'they all look alike' to me!

So, I opened them up and took a picture of the contents and (after scaling it to fit teh proportions of the box) printed it on plain paper. Soaked the paper in white glue and appliqued it to the top or side of the box so I could see the image without taking it off the shelf or pulling it out from under the bench.

Now, this isn't going to get me into the Woodworking Hall of Fame (is there one of those?) but it sure saves time and AGGRAVATION!
View attachment transparentbox00.bmpView attachment transparentbox02.bmp

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Nice idea, Charles. This way, you are spraed opening boxes only to find that is now what you wanted.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Nice idea, Charles. This way, you are spraed opening boxes only to find that is now what you wanted.

One more attempt at adding the images...Are they supposed to show in the message? Or appear as links only in the message?

Attachments

• transparentbox00.bmp
    111.8 KB · Views: 160
  • transparentbox02.bmp
    187.8 KB · Views: 164

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I tried, again, but only links appear. When I click on one, I am asked if I want to open it with Infranview (a free graphics program I can recommend to you) - though I do not understand why it is defaulted to in this instance. I tried opening it with MS Paint (a program included with all windows operating systems but could not 'find' it using the menu provided. If anyone knows the soultion - please share it with me, too!

Bill_In_Asheville

New User
Bill
Try inserting images instead of whatever you did?
Also, that they are .bmp might be an issue.

I tried, again, but only links appear. When I click on one, I am asked if I want to open it with Infranview (a free graphics program I can recommend to you) - though I do not understand why it is defaulted to in this instance. I tried opening it with MS Paint (a program included with all windows operating systems but could not 'find' it using the menu provided. If anyone knows the soultion - please share it with me, too!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Charles, you are saving the images as a BMP file type. Using this type of a file requires one to save the file to a storage device before it can be opened. I suggest you save you images as a JPEG type file format. You will have better success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS