Thanks Phil and Dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Big thanks to Phil and Dan for a great dovetailing workshop. I learned a lot, was well fed, and left with a great little guide for cutting tails. It was a pleasure to hang out with y'all today.

Richard

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I second this "Thank You". A very helpful and practical workshop covering everything we need to know and hands on instruction as well. Phil, thanks again for hosting as well as teaching (and letting us try your tools).

Mark

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
here are a few proof photos.

thumb_IMG_1992_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1989_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1994_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2001_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2007_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2010_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2011_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2013_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2014_1024.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was there to help out today, although it was truly a Dan and Phil show of Pins first versus tails first preference. My take is they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Now, the big controversy, at least in my mind is whether a push or pull saw is the best way to cut dovetails. Both Phil and Dan prefer the Japanese pull saws but I've always used a traditional Western push Rip saw for my dovetails.

After observing this workshop - twice now - I might want to try the recommended (by them) pull saw - but old habits die hard.

I guess the best thing I learned from these last two workshops is that we need to be open to new and different techniques regardless of our previous mindsets.

Thanks to Dan and Phil for providing the alternative processes and tips and techniques for both. I learned a lot observing and will post a lot of pictures tomorrow or the next day as soon as I can get them processed.

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
I too would like to thank Phil and Dan for their instructions. Learned a great deal today that I definitely need to practice on. Thank you Phil for your hospitality. Lunch was wonderful. Looking forward to the next class.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
My thanks to Phil and Dan also. My first class put on by NCWWer, but hopefully not the last. Phil and Dan both did a great job of teaching their respective techniques. The lunch was delicious too! I want the Sloppy Joe recipe.
Glad I had the opportunity to meet some new NCWWers as well.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
nRXcVLDy8ZW1H6b6RYxVDTeWnOxtuDHc9mBp8OD1wY6TjTFvlcN2h7tKdtdtf2ZGft
Just want you guys to know that I stayed up all night to practice and had this in the morning. OK, not mine (Strazza Furniture), but this is pretty awesome. thanks again, Mark The picture did not transfer. Sorry, it was a magnificent "hounds tooth" dovetail by Strazza Furniture.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would be remiss if I did not express my appreciation for the workshop as well. Phil is an extremely congenial host and both he and Dan were extremely patient as we muddled our way through. I am looking forward to when I can get in some practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors