Taper Jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Wayne, I thought I'd put it here in case anyone else is interested. I used the same miter track and offset methodolgy that we used with the Universal Table Saw jig so that I can cut from either side. It's 36" long to handle any 29" leg, while getting the track in the miter slot soonest!

Taper_Jig_1_.JPG

Taper_Jig_2_.JPG

Taper_Jig_-_Copy.JPG

Joe

bitbight

New User
Ray
Great looking taper jig Joe. How or what do you use to set up the angle of the taper? Would you use an angle tool of some kind, or do you set it up with some kind of template?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:eusa_clapNow!!!! That is really a nifty idea, Joe!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Much, much better than the one I concocted riding along the fence. No danger of wander with the sled captured in the mitre slot and plenty of support behind the blade!!!

You've captured another winner to add to ye old 'jig collection'.

Thanks again for sharing, Joe!

Wayne

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Great looking taper jig Joe. How or what do you use to set up the angle of the taper? Would you use an angle tool of some kind, or do you set it up with some kind of template?

Not complicated, since the jig edge is flush with the blade on both sides.
On the first piece mark the foot & the top, then set the marks to the edge of the jig. Bring the fence to the work, lock everything down & cut. After the fence is set, cut, rotate, then do the next piece.
Hope that answers,
Joe

I just stumbled upon this. Should make this more clear than than above.
http://www.eversole.us/PictureLogs/TaperJig/taperjig.php
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS