Suggestions as to what to do with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
About 30+ years ago my FIL asked me to fell a cedar tree for him. He was going to use the wood for a split rail fence. It was a large cedar and I convinced him to have the tree milled and have someone make something out of it. This was about 15 yrs before I even thought about becoming a woodworker. He had two large cedar chests made from the lumber. I cut a section across the stump. It is 20" wide at its widest point and 4 3/4' thick at the thinnest point. I've kept it all these years. Let's have some ideas on what to do with it.

cedar2.jpg
cedar1.jpg

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
looks like a clock to me!:eusa_danc 20" may be a little small for a coffee table but it could be an end table if its thick enough to get 2 rounds out of it. end tables usually come in pairs.....:gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I agree with Fred. I See a really nice clock in that piece of wood.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I had almost thought I might be original, and suggest a clock. but, no!!!! two other guys said the same thing! great minds, great minds!

J

jeff...

They call that a cookie - Yep agreeing with Fred - peel the bark, carefully resaw it in 1/2, butterfly inlay the checks with a contrasting wood like maple. - make a couple of end table tops - should look awesome when finished.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
They call that a cookie - Yep agreeing with Fred - peel the bark, carefully resaw it in 1/2, butterfly inlay the checks with a contrasting wood like maple. - make a couple of end table tops - should look awesome when finished.

Hey does anyone know how to do this, as in point me to instructions.
I got some large walnut pieces that need it done to?????

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
how about 2 tables and leave the bark on. maybe find some smaller cedars and use them for legs. So it looks rustic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS