Still a toy

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I wouldn’t want to be starting out buying machines right now…..

However I woukd be looking hard at a combo machine. Plus you have a 12” jointer. How I work - going back and forth between jointer/planer, a combo would make me be more efficient in milling for sure.

View attachment 215583

I couldn't agree with you more.. these tool prices are insane and I can't ever imagine them ever coming back down. If I only knew... (famous last words), I would have bought a 15" planer and 12" jointer a few short years ago...

Not sure how I feel about that Grizzly planer. Sure...just like a lot of us on here....I'd love to have a 15" planer, vs my DW 734, but would there be a lot of dialing in that's needed with the Grizzly? That price IS great, but would reliability, performance, and accurately cost you more in the long run vs paying a little more upfront for the slightly more expensive 15" planers?

Reliability issues, accuracy, set up, longevity of parts, etc... Wonder how that Grizzly would compare to the South Bend, Baileigh, and/or PM.

Personally, I'm used to my SawStop 3HP PCS.. which has very good build quality, reliability (once they sent me a replacement TS), accuracy, etc.

If I could get the same quality, accuracy, and reliability, with that Grizzly, then sign me up.

With regards to a jointer/planer combo... I like the concept of the Woodmiser JP, but unfortunately, it doesn't have a helocal head. It offers a 12" jointer and a 16" (?) planer. Great thing about this JP, you don't need to flip the jointer to use the planer.

Regardless, I hope tvrgeek can get his DW 735 up and running, the way it was meant to be, from the factory.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS