some older tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt roberts

New User
matt
funny that you say that. Just earlier today I saw a picture of one somewhere else and have been wondering the exact same thing.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
A uniplane was something Delta came up with, in the 60's or 70's I guess, as an alternate edge or face cutting device or a variation of the jointer. It has a cutter head on the right side, notice the circular cutter head in the vertical part in the State Surplus picture. You slide your workpiece along the bed and the cutting takes place on the right edge. The circular head has a number of cutters similar to metal lathe bits. I do not know Delta's motivation in creating this piece of equipment, maybe safety, however I never saw any advantage over a jointer plus it left a fairly ragged cut. I never liked the things, and apparently most folks didn't because Delta stopped selling them.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Re: some older tools **Uniplane Pic**

I used one years ago at the base hobby shop. I didn't like it. It was a jointer type machine but looked a little like a meat slicer since the cutters were on a vertical wheel. If it didn't have that fence, it could work like one on your hand if you got near the rotating cutter. Ouch!!:cry_smile:cry_smile:cry_smile

209-A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS