Sold - Grizzly G0440 2HP Dust Collector

MikeMen

Mike
Senior User
This machine has been installed in my basement hobby shop and never used in a commercial setting.

The original machine was equipped with a pleated cartridge filter. I found that as the filter was used, the pores filled and it created significant back pressure restricting the airflow. It became especially bad after I made some projects with teak wood. The oily dust plugged up the filter to the point that I had to be careful to close all unused dust gates if I wanted any dust collection to happen.

I replaced the filter with a set of commercial felt tube filters connected on top and bottom to shop built plenums. This resulted in a dramatic decrease in back pressure and increase in air flow. I had the DC connected to 6 machines (Table Saw, Band Saw, Planer, Belt/Disk Sander, Drum Sander and Jointer). I found the airflow adequate with 4 of the 6 blast gates open. This setup has been in use over 7 years with no noticable degradation.

The DC runs on a 220V 20A power line. It should have it's own line and not share with another machine that runs at the same time.

The storage area housing the DC has remained relatively dust free with the felt filters in place.

Grizzly sells this model with an upgraded filter for $3395 plus $289 shipping plus tax. I am asking $1700 and am including metal ductwork, blast gates and wall mounting blocks worth several hundred dollars.

Original Filter Setup

Original Setup.JPG

Felt Filters Installed

Finished.JPG

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS