sheet glass cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
just letting you guys know there is sheet glass available at harolds at crabtree valley mall... they are goin' out of business and selling everything and one of the things they are selling is the glass shelves... they are 18" by 38" and 1/2" thick... i got 3 of these for $20... so you can bargin with them quite a bit... i'm using them as a flat surface for sanding and flattening my waterstones and so on... just letting you guys know... jonny

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks Jonny, great find! I wonder how difficult it is to cut circles out of 1/2" glass...

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
It's probably tempered glass so your chances of cutting it or anything out of it is going to be somewhere between slim and none.

DaveD

New User
Dave
My money says its not tempered but that still doesn't answer the question on how to EASILY cut it. Granted you should be able to use the standard ol 79 cent glass cutter to do it but you are going to have a awfully sharp edge. Thn you need a diamond grinder and cooling liquid to clean up the sharp edges.

As cheap as the glass is though it would be worth a try.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
My guess was tempered too, but who knows ... maybe not, that stuff is expensive.

Question - Can you cut glass with a diamond blade on a tile cutter?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'll see if I can make it over there this week. Worst case, I have a pretty piece of glass :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors