Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Hand Tool Sharpening with Jim Dillon 08/25/15 Price : $75.00

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Class Size: 10
Hands-On Workshop
Getting the edges of your hand tools as sharp as a razor will make your woodworking endeavors go much easier. With sharp tools in hand, your woodworking tasks will simply be more successful and enjoyable. In this class, you’ll discover ways to get your edges keen in a consistent and predictable manner. You’ll learn a few methods, and combination of methods, including but not limited to, electric grinders, water stones, diamond stones, and sandpaper, as well as using ready made honing guides.
Feel free to bring one dull chisel or plane iron you'd like to revive. You'll be amazed at the results.

Recommended reading: Complete Guide to Sharpening by Leonard Lee (202299)

CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY:

Highland Woodworking reserves the right to cancel any class. Full refunds will be issued in that event. Students withdrawing from a class must notify Highland Woodworking 10 or more days prior to the beginning of the class to receive full credit or refund. No refund or credit will be issued with less than 10 days' notice. For labor intensive or multiple day courses, we reserve the right to issue special refund stipulations which will be noted in the class advertisement at the time of posting.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
That really makes me appreciate what I learned from you and Bill for a lot less money. Thanks again

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
So Mike just curious... what would I learn from Jim Dillon that you didn't already show me?

That is what I would like to know, sounds like a lot less for a lot more cash.

Some folks, most, have brought whole boxes full of planes, sets of chisels, and other odd tools and usually finish all by the end of the class.

i would be fully embarrassed to let you sharpen only one chisel for $75.

The great folks at Klingspor and I are working on sharpening workshops at their stores some time soon I hope.

I believe you will like the price MUCH better.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If someone is going, look at staying at one of the hotels on Sidney Marcus. They are about ten minutes from Highland Hwd. The MARTA station is only a couple blocks away, with the MARTA bus stop right at the bottom of the stairs from hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS