Ryobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried the cordless chainsaw by ryobi.I have found some burl that I want to cut.I figure it would be lighter to carry in and out of the woods.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have not tried that particular tool, but I do have a Ryobi 18v combo kit. I have taken the recip saw to cut some chunks off of a piece of 16/4 Walnut that I have, and it barely made it through the first cut before the battery lost it's charge. The batteries are good in the drill/driver, I built a pretty large deck extension on a single charge.
I think that you would find yourself half way through the burl, out a good ways in the woods with a drained battery.
MTCW,
Dave:)

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thanks Dave I've got the combo kit myself.It was suposed to be 4pc. set but was short the sander so they give me an extra batt. Thought I would take all 3.

Toddler

New User
Todd
Hey Rob, did you mean you thought the cordless chain saw would be easier to carry than a gas model, and do you already own a gas chainsaw?

Todd

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I like the 'sneaking in boldly' approach. Pull right up with the truck, fire up the saw, and cut away. few people bother to ask, unless you should try to do this in their yard

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Yea Pete kinda fun that way too.If its in someones yard I just jump out throw a chain around it and take off.Kinda like the repo man.:lol: :lol: :lol:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
sorry, I amend my previous comment:

confidence, with the right tools, means everything.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors