Quarter Inch Baltic Birch

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Is there a source local to Cary that has quarter-inch Baltic Birch plywood? I need a piece that's approximately 22" x 32". Thanks.

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
I just bought some from Woodcraft online. a 24X36 inch sheet is about $17.00. Have no idea if the store in Raleigh carries it.

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
Have you called Klingspor yet?

As it happens much of the birch plywoodmade today comes from the Ukraine. Guess what?

We go through a lot of birch plywood in our shop - 3, 6 & 9mm. Times are tough.
I just bought some from Woodcraft online. a 24X36 inch sheet is about $17.00. Have no idea if the store in Raleigh carries it.
The Charlotte Woodcraft usually stocks brich plywood, but they're having supply problems, just like everyone else.

We're checking out a source in Raliegh on Thursday. We'll probably ened up buying full sheets (4 x 8). We're maily interested in 1/8" but if it's not too dear, I want a sheet of 1/4" too. If I can get one, I could split a sheet with you while we're in town.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Mike, due to your size needs it looks like you might have to go with the 30"x48" 1/4 that Raleighwood Woodcraft shows in stock ($36.99) if Klingspor doesn't have any there.

Another option might be the 1/4" BB off cuts that a bunch of us joined in and got several years back from a cabinet shop. I've got several left and am pretty sure that the length is what you need, or longer, but the width may not be. I can try to measure some and see if one is wide enough if you haven't located what you need yet.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike, due to your size needs it looks like you might have to go with the 30"x48" 1/4 that Raleighwood Woodcraft shows in stock ($36.99) if Klingspor doesn't have any there.

Another option might be the 1/4" BB off cuts that a bunch of us joined in and got several years back from a cabinet shop. I've got several left and am pretty sure that the length is what you need, or longer, but the width may not be. I can try to measure some and see if one is wide enough if you haven't located what you need yet.
Brian, I would appreciate it if you can measure to see if you have pieces big enough. It turns out that I need some smaller pieces, as well, as my wife wants me to make some for my granddaughters. Thank you!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Mike, was away from home most of the afternoon yesterday and wasn't able to move things around to get at it to measure. I'll be able to get to it tonight or tomorrow to measure. What size are you needing for the smaller pieces and how many in case I don't have anything wide enough for original need?

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike, was away from home most of the afternoon yesterday and wasn't able to move things around to get at it to measure. I'll be able to get to it tonight or tomorrow to measure. What size are you needing for the smaller pieces and how many in case I don't have anything wide enough for original need?
Brian, I'm guess about 18 x 28, give or take a couple of inches.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Mike, was able to dig out the few pieces I have left and there weren't any wide ones left at all. I have 2 that are approx 12" wide x 60" long. If they would work for anything you have in mind you're welcome to them. I'm in N. Raleigh up from Crabtree Valley mall if distance factors in to the equation. Let me know what you think.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS