[Problem-Help Desk] Firefox Won't Display Pics in Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
For example, Scott's thread about cutting itty -bitty logs. The "attached" panel appears empty, but I know there are two pics there. These pics can be viewed w/Netscape 9 or IE.

version: Firefox 2.0.0.11

Edit: I took out error message which was not related to the pic viewing problem.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Steve, I just downloaded Firefox earlier this week. Netscape has been put out to pasture by AOL, so I tried Firefox, since I heard good stuff about Mozilla.

Yes, I did notice this problem as soon as I visited NCWW. Weird, since I can view all the other pics on here, just not ones attached to a thread.

Monty

New User
Monty
I'm seeing them fine too in Firefox. Please give an example of a post where you can't see the pictures.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Tom, the difference is that the pictures you can't see are those that been uploaded as attachmnets. The ones you can see are those that are being referenced by URL.

This was reported once before, eith, I think, Firefox. I don't remember what the fix was, but I'll look and see what thew answer was.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
This is what I was thinking about, but the situation is reversed. I notice that Gator didn't post any answer.:crybaby2:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Did you get this resolved? I'm using FireFox and don't have any problem with the links above. However, like Steve, I remember this from a couple years ago (in fact, I think I had the issue)

If it is still happening, do you get the "attached thumbnails" section showing?

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Jeremy, yes, teh "Attached Thumbnail" section appears , and I see the outline of the box that contains the pics.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Jeremy, yes, teh "Attached Thumbnail" section appears , and I see the outline of the box that contains the pics.

My recommendation based on what I've read:
- Install CCleaner (aka CrapCleaner)
- Run CCleaner (cleans out recycle bin and other unnecessary files. It can by run THE FIRST TIME by right-clicking on the Recycle Bin icon and opening CCleaner, then running it)
- Reboot the computer
- Try again

ALSO ... check your browser settings and NCWW settings (per the thread notes)

Also, found this old thread with the same issue:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4614&highlight=Attached+Thumbnail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors