Pen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
This is a first for me. I have never posted a picture of any of the projects that I have done before. It is usually because whomever I am doing the project for is so impatient by the time I finish I don't have time to take a picture. The walnut came from a tree that was taken down in the early '90s and been laying around every since. I made this one for a former boss who helped me a lot when I was starting out and also helped me make the decision to go for the job that I have now. He always appreciated the woodwork that I did then and I hope he likes this piece.

Thanks for looking,
James Davis:tool:
pen5.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice looking pen, Your x-boss should be a happy person when he gets that.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great looking pen :icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap. Not to diminish your turning skills at all. But might I suggest that you focus a little more on the pen and less on the back ground. If you use the macro setting on your camera you can get in very close. Then use a photo editing program to crop out the rest of the stuff that you don't need. I hope that you are trying to show off the pen not the draw knife or architectural drawing. Next to pen finishing, pen photography is the hardest thing to do. They are so small and shiny, and difficult to photograph.

Man I sound like Eagle :roll::roll::roll:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS