Patriotic pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary G

New User
Gary
Here's my version of a Red, White, and Blue pen
A Chrome Baron Rollerball dressed with segmented Red, clear (looking white), and blue Alumilite blanks.
The blanks were cast for me by Curtis Seebeck, aka MesquiteMan,
http://turntex.com

rwbAlumiliteShred.jpg

The blanks contain shredded white and a little yellow stuff.

Gary

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's unique!! I think that it would have looked better with the red, white, and blue segmentation on the top also. Any idea what the shredded stuff is????
Dave:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I have to agree with Dave on this one.
There is no "continuity". in the design.Turning acrylic is a no brainer so in this instance it is the material that makes the pen interesting.
When I look at it I am wondering why don't both halves match, much like the Sierra with mismatched components.:roll:
One last thought.
I don't know if it is my monitor or not but there also seems to be yellow specks.
Mixing the red white and blue with yellow doesn't seem right.
Sorry I call em as I See em.
The good thing is that design is easy to dissassemble.:lol:

lottathought

New User
Michael
The material reminds me of fiberglass.

And actually..I think that the pattern would have been fine had there been stars on the top. Cant be patriotic without a few stars. :-D

But I will also say this.
You did a every bit as good of a job turning as I can right now.
Course...in a couple of years........:eusa_danc

Gary G

New User
Gary
:eusa_shhh The "Stuff" is documents--that's all I can tell ya.
As to the yellow, it's a portion of the docs. The next time I do a batch it'll either be all white docs. or much more colorful.
The upper barrel is actually clear alumilite painted blue; don't think I have enough material to do upper and lower segments. Maybe I'll do another and swap the upper/lower -- obviously, it's not hard to repeat the pattern. Thanks for the suggestion.
This batch was an experiment and it worked well for what I wanted to learn.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS