[Other-Main Site] What is Quick Reply anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Never figured this one out, or how it works ... but what is the little "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of a thread. It looks like a reply box, but you can't type it (at least I can't). It says "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.", but I don't see a "Quick Reply icon" (or don't know what one is).

Any advice? Seems like a good idea ... but how does it work?

QuickReply.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The quick reply icon is this one ->
quickreply.gif

If you click it, the box becomes active. Unlike "quote", it doesn't take you to a new screen (which takes a second or so). But, the editing features in the quick reply box are limited.

Glennbear

Glenn
Now I feel a lot less intimidated by all the IT savvy folks amongst our membership when a software developer asks such a question. :rotflm: Glad you got your answer Jeremy, this site is extremely well designed and tweaked (thanks Papa Smurf) but I too get lost amongst all the features from time to time you are definitely not alone :wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Now I feel a lot less intimidated by all the IT savvy folks amongst our membership when a software developer asks such a question.
Good point! Jeremy, you stupid or something? How could you not know that? :rolf:

It only took me 10 months to figure out the multi-quote thing...sure beat manually cutting and pasting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS