Off-Topic Forum

waitup

New User
Matt
I saw the mention of an "Off-Topic" forum in one of the "Who we are" posts. I have tried looked through my settings and searching this forum, but I can't seem to find where to opt-in to that forum. Any help would be appreciated.

waitup

New User
Matt
I am probably doing something wrong, but I am a corporate member and I don't see the forum in the list. It was mentioned in this thread that you had to opt-in and I seem to be unable to do that.

Screenshot (20).png

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
i just looked at it and i see it is 'opt out' so maybe you opted out at some time in the past.

i will get an admin to check it for you.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
How does one sign up to be a corporate member?
I am hoping that this and all of the other secret features of the forum are revealed after my 30 day 'new menber' period is over. :D

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
What's the difference between a Corporate Member and a Senior User?

Truth be told, I was born in the 1950s so I am a senior citizen, but I know some dudes here are seniorer than me. :D

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nothing on NCWW is related to your age. TBT I bet are large percentage of NCWW users are on medicare. Corporate Members status is an Opt in option in your profile. Corporate Members can hold office, vote in elections and are sometimes surveyed for opinions on special matters. Corporate Membership is something required by our 401c3 status verses an attempt by NCWW to create a special case of membership. Senior User is tied to the amount of time you are an active member, though I do not recall the actual formula.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nothing on NCWW is related to your age. TBT I bet are large percentage of NCWW users are on medicare.
Not on it... yet, but my phone is getting worn out with medicare robo calls! (it is worse than the car warranty ones!)

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
How would I opt - in to the Off Topic forum. I can't find it in my list of preferences.
Thanks
You have to be a corporate member before you can have access to the off-topic forum. Full name, mailing address, phone number, etc.

This can be found in your profile preferences.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
You have to be a corporate member before you can have access to the off-topic forum. Full name, mailing address, phone number, etc.

This can be found in your profile preferences.
I amongst other "users", access the off topic forum regularly. Not a senior user yet, as I've only been here since 2005.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe "Senior User" was a carry over from the previous forum platform

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS