Non-visit to Festool Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I am in the middle of a two trip to Munich. I had the idea of going to visit Festool this weekend. I thought "this could be really cool! I'll take lots of pics for NCWWer! It is about 134 miles from Munich. Their website gives driving directions. So I call them. They say "Are you a member of the public?" I say "Yes." They say "No, you can not come in. Goodbye." :crybaby2:

DARN! I thought it would be fun to see them making the tools, to look at their entire European line of products, and to take pics to share here. Oh well. Look forward to returning to the USA.

Doug

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Doug, how long are you there??? a very good friend of mine lives in Augsburg, and is associated with the industrial press. His work includes major translations for Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, and other players in German industry. Basically, his rep is that of an excellent technical translator, and he could probably get inside the plant, for 'background' info. Sorry I didn't think about it before.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Doug you should have told them, when they asked you if you were a member of the public, that you were a member of a over 1000 member strong, exclusive woodworking organization, with extreme buying power, and the Mafia too :-D

Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Doug you should have told them, when they asked you if you were a member of the public, that you were a member of a over 1000 member strong, exclusive woodworking organization, with extreme buying power, and the Mafia too :-D

Dave:)

Dave... have you seen Doug's avatar?

Ray

lottathought

New User
Michael
I am thinking you call back...this time say NO...and then present yourself as a rep for a powerful group known as the NCWW from the US.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Bummer...at least you called ahead. :)

I am flying to Munich tonight, connecting to Izmir, Turkey.

You may have missed out on Festool but at least you have a good supply of quality cold beverages to choose from in Munich!! :lol: :lol:

Chuck

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yeah, southern 'beverages' tend to be better than the northerns.... as long as it's not Bitburger Pils. The Hofbrauehaus has a nice Hefe in a 700 ml glass, if you are not up for the 1 L mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors