New Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
My mother called today and asked if I could build her a pantry/cabinet for her kitchen. She needs some space in her kitchen for canned goods. She bought some oak cabinet doors at lowes, and wants the cabinet made out of oak plywood with oak trim. I did a sketchup drawing.
mom_cabinet.jpg

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I think Mike has some good points in his reply. Finding things can be tough if there isn't enough room between shelves. The cans might only be 5 or 6 inches tall, but you need a lot more space than that between shelves for visibility and being able to reach toward the back... to pull out that jar of fermented soy beans.

A shelf loaded with cans, will probably be quite heavy. Make sure the shelves are substantial enough to carry the load.

Ray

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
She had used the pantry I have as an example to what she wanted. So I mimiced what I have. I am going to take the drawing to her and see what she says. I figured I would cut dados for support for the cabinet. I found out how to get oak in sketchup, but I had to edit some files. Looks great, but not the easiest this to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors