New Member verses User

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Your status already shows as User, in the grey box under your username.
To go from new member to well known member, you just need to reply to posts and create posts yourself.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
James, I'll try to explain a little better.

When you click on a user's name, it shows some details. It may show a user's location (if they have provided that information in their account preferences), and it may show what they are viewing in the forum (If they are online and active).

Where you see "User" below, this may show "New User", "User", "Senior User", or "Corporate User". This is based on time a number of factors, including time since joining, whether or not the user has provided their mailing address and phone number, and if they have opted in different vendors or corporate membership.

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 9.00.22 AM.png

Messages is the number of posts a user has made since their join date.
Reaction score is where someone has liked/laughed/etc a post you made.
Points are rewards and encouragements for contributing to the forum.

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 9.04.29 AM.png

As you accumulate these reward points, it changes the member (not to be confused with user) designation.
Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 9.06.37 AM.png

I hope this helps you and others.

jlcrtr

James
User

When you click on a user's name, it shows some details. It may show a user's location (if they have provided that information in their account preferences), and it may show what they are viewing in the forum (If they are online and active).

Where you see "User" below, this may show "New User", "User", "Senior User", or "Corporate User". This is based on time a number of factors, including time since joining, whether or not the user has provided their mailing address and phone number, and if they have opted in different vendors or corporate membership.

View attachment 226703

View attachment 226704

As you accumulate these reward points, it changes the member (not to be confused with user) designation.
View attachment 226705

View attachment 226703

View attachment 226704

View attachment 226705

Thank you. I guess I need a few more points.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Being a "new member" does not restrict you, where being a "new user" does. As you are not a "new user", you do have the ability to start conversations/DMs, and you can post in the For Sale/Wanted forum.

Guiding Hand

Michael
User
Your status already shows as User, in the grey box under your username.
To go from new member to well known member, you just need to reply to posts and create posts yourself.
Thanks I had not noticed that. When I click it on my user name on the website under my account it still shows new member. That I don’t understand.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I misspoke about moving from New member to well known member. This is based on the (Trophy) points you earn, where other members like your posts, or you hit a milestone number of posts.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors