New guy from WNC

Getting back into wood working. I have been building custom 3 piece takedown longbows for awhile. That morphed into more shop equipment, then a sawmill, and a kiln. I have enjoyed building stuff with lumber I have milled from trees O have cut myself!

Wife and I plan on building our own house with lumber from our property, cabinets , trim and all.

I have a ton of Yellow Poplar and a bit of Ash.

On the lighter side, I have started making jewelry and keepsake boxes and really enjoy the hand tool aspect of that.

Year ago, I ran the finish department for a small custom furniture business that supported 4 to 5 families. I wished I had paid more attention to the build process!

Ken from Waynesville NC.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Getting back into wood working. I have been building custom 3 piece takedown longbows for awhile. That morphed into more shop equipment, then a sawmill, and a kiln. I have enjoyed building stuff with lumber I have milled from trees O have cut myself!

Wife and I plan on building our own house with lumber from our property, cabinets , trim and all.

I have a ton of Yellow Poplar and a bit of Ash.

On the lighter side, I have started making jewelry and keepsake boxes and really enjoy the hand tool aspect of that.

Year ago, I ran the finish department for a small custom furniture business that supported 4 to 5 families. I wished I had paid more attention to the build process!

Ken from Waynesville NC.
Hey Ken--We have a group of serious hobbyist woodworkers here in Haywood County who get together on a regular/irregular basis and talk sawdust. We help each other with our projects, advise on local sources, and show off our completed projects. We even have one member who does competitive archery. I invite you to join us and share your woodworking expertise. You're a new member, which means there are some things you can't do yet on this web site. Call me at 828.246.8055 and I'll give you the details on our next meeting on Jan 17.

Hey Ken--We have a group of serious hobbyist woodworkers here in Haywood County who get together on a regular/irregular basis and talk sawdust. We help each other with our projects, advise on local sources, and show off our completed projects. We even have one member who does competitive archery. I invite you to join us and share your woodworking expertise. You're a new member, which means there are some things you can't do yet on this web site. Call me at 828.246.8055 and I'll give you the details on our next meeting on Jan 17.
That's awesome! I shoot competition as well. Probably know them!

Ken

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Ken - from you introduction I think you are going to LOVE it here.

"When we are not in the shop we can talk shop!"

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS