New Festool Sander + Woodpecker stand

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
We sand a lot of smaller parts in the shop these days and needed to find a better/faster way of doing it. I noticed in a recent ad from Woodpeckers that their sander stand is compatible with the Festool ETS EC 150/3 EQ-Plus sander and decided to pull the trigger on both. Both items are great! This is the second non-tool item that I've purchased from Woodpeckers and I'm very impressed with the quality and value. As for the sander, it's another great design by Festool! To complete the setup, I bought a small vacuum pump and crafted a few clamping pods of different sizes to hold the really small parts. Since the sander will never see the Systainer again, I've listed it on the For Sale forum.
Thanks for looking.
Bob

new sander1.jpgnew sander4.jpgnew sander5.jpgnew sander6.jpgsystainer.jpg

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I'd seem these stands so I rigged a temporary one for my bench vise to test the concept. It worked because I knew how much not to tighten. I'll make a better one some day, but right now this gets me by.

1       sand - 1.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't have that sander, but I have other brands. Could be useful for small intarsia parts. I might have to talk to the CFO.

Bobby, please tell me more about the clamping pods to hold small pieces that you made.

Greg_G

Greg_G
User
I've thought about trying that Woodpeckers stand. Looks pretty cool and actually a decent price compared to most of their items.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I don't have that sander, but I have other brands. Could be useful for small intarsia parts. I might have to talk to the CFO.

Bobby, please tell me more about the clamping pods to hold small pieces that you made.
Scott,
The pods are made from blocks of poplar sized to be comfortable in your hand. A 1/2" hole is drilled and then the plastic Shark Bite fitting for the 1/4" tubing is driven in with a mallet. The vacuum chamber is created using 1/16" high density foam tape with adhesive on one side. Make it as large as needed and so that the part to be sanded covers it completely. The vacuum pump was purchased from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WS97JWQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Hope this helps.
bobby g

IMG_3121.jpgIMG_3122.jpgIMG_3123.jpgIMG_3124.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS