New 10x20 Shed/Shop

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
If you do not have a 200 amp service, I would recommend getting one. Once it is installed, you can then install a second 100 amp service. Then anything powerwise can be fed by the second panel. This is way easier than trying to juggle an existing power system, especially if it is older.
I am currently working with an electrician. He was speaking electrical which I don't understand...said something about running a 60amp something or other from the main panel. He said that would have enough to a couple of 220's plus all the 110 I need

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
That is what I have.

60A sub-panel that feeds 3 dedicated 220s @ 20A each.. and 2 110s @ 20A each. Of course, I am only allowed to run a DC (3hp - 5hp) and 1 other tool at the same time. For a 1 man shop, that is perfect.

Garage Sub Panel.jpg

Before copper wire went sky high, I bought 150' of 6-thhn & 50' of 8-thhn. This was perfect for the 32' run I had from the main panel.

Electrician + parts, NOT including the copper... I was out around $760. :confused:

Whatever the case.. do what is best and what works for your budget. If you are planning on woodworking for years to come, don't let a "few bucks" for a good electrical job and enough juice for your tools... scare you.

In the end.. you can't take the money with you.. so enjoy it the best you can.

Rory

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS