Need Help! Resaw 10" Wide Ash (Charlotte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I've got a couple of boards of Ash about 7' x 10" x 2". I need to resaw the boards in half for my rocking horses. I've tried to do this on my little Grizzly bandsaw, but it doesn't seem to have the power (nor do I have an adequate blade, I'm sure).

Anyone in Charlotte have a better saw who could help me today (Sunday, Jun 3)?????

:5help:

J

jeff...

Try Randy or Kyle - resawing on a band mill isn't to bad as long as the boards are flat.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I don't know what I need a whole mill ... :-?

These are actually boards from Kyle that I had bought thicker :BangHead:

I was hoping someone had a powerful, bigger shop bandsaw to resaw these boards.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I've got a couple of boards of Ash about 7' x 10" x 2". I need to resaw the boards in half for my rocking horses. I've tried to do this on my little Grizzly bandsaw, but it doesn't seem to have the power (nor do I have an adequate blade, I'm sure).

Anyone in Charlotte have a better saw who could help me today (Sunday, Jun 3)?????

:5help:

Time for a BS upgrade. Strike while the iron's hot!! :lol: :lol:

Would it be possible to buy a 1/2 3TPI and use it to SLOWLY resaw. You could cut a kerf top and bottom with the TS and resaw through the center. It would reduce your BS cut area from 10 inch to 4-5 inches. Clean up with a planer. Just a thought. It may also help you to better control the cut (if you don't need the full 7 feet) to crosscut close to usable length.

What finished thickness are you targeting? Keep in mind there's a non-zero chance the wood may move slightly once cut, especially if flat sawn.

If you were near Rocky Mount I'd be glad to help out. Hopefully someone will chime in soon. :)

Chuck

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
What size blade are you using? If you have to fine a blade a trip to Woodcraft for a 3 TPI hook tooth blade might be all you need.

pete

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well ... I decided that time was ticking so I went to Woodcraft. I found a board 17" wide and 3/4" thick ... this will do the job for me now.

So the urgency is much less now :eusa_clap

As for the bandsaw upgrade ... I hear ya, but the LOML doesn't! 8-O

I am definately using the wrong blade... no doubt, but I thought I could pull it off anyway ... guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors