Measuring spoon kit

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
So I will be attempting to return to turning with a Measuring Spoon set for my wife. Is Penn State still a good place for these types of things or does anyone have a preferred vendor that they use?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Here's one I made...
AB80C3F7-2883-46B8-963A-2A305EC59C70.jpeg

Exactly one tablespoon.

F4EFABDF-927B-4207-A071-EADE6F141B25_1_201_a.jpeg

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
oh I like that... you didn't go the kit route...I dig it. Do you think it would be feasible to make a set like that of different sizes that would fit in a standard kitchen drawer? This will be to replace a cheap set we've had for while now... the plastic handle kind on a key ring.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
oh I like that... you didn't go the kit route...I dig it. Do you think it would be feasible to make a set like that of different sizes that would fit in a standard kitchen drawer? This will be to replace a cheap set we've had for while now... the plastic handle kind on a key ring.
Thanks, I hate kits.

you can make smaller spoons but why not make an exquisite set and a nice hanger for the wall or a cabinet door?

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
I'll run some ideas by her, see what she thinks. I appreciate the pictures, they are really nice...
As an aside, do you use "regular" turning tools or carbide? It's been a long while since I turned last and just bought some Easy turning tools but they felt awkward - maybe just more practice... this is probably a question for another thread maybe

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
I'm not sure if I have been there before - it sounds familiar but it's been awhile. I'll definitely pay a visit, thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors