March 30 BURIAL URNS FOR VETERANS UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What an excellent project for our deceased veterans. Kudos to all of you for participating.

Any suitable hardwood, and suitable jointery.

Options that fit the dimensions specified.

Mitered joints.

Burial_Urns.png

Burial_Urns_2.png

Or rabbets for mass production.

Urns:joinery.png

Skymaster

New User
Jack
LUOTE=Vetteman9956;513445]Here's a sample idea for the bottom. Let me Know what you guys think.View attachment 15738[/QUOTE]

LUV IT

Just had this thought also; we can put strips of double stick tape on the backs, this way when it is time to put the emblem on all that is needed is pull the cover off and press into the recess.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Bruce - looks like lots of people are anxious to help.

Do you know the desired volume of burial boxes, now and/or ongoing and by what date(s) ? My sense is supply might outstrip demand.

If demand is small, a single workshop might do it. If demand is large, might want more than one workshop and individual builders too. Might want to make this a periodic event.

There are free tools for coordinating group activities, like signupgenius.com (if the demand warrants).

If you can't tell, I'm assuming that you are in charge of this activity until told otherwise :)

-Mark

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeff. Am starting a new thread for this project, Urns For National Veterans Cemetery.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Let me know when someone can pick up the gum wood. There may be more than 200 feet, I can't remember what I bought.
i need ten of the best wide boards for a project and the rest is yours.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That's very generous Mike, thank you. I will let you know if we can pull together a workshop Greensboro, WS, area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors