Looking for a plan....

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Woodcraft magazine posted a plan for a pen stand that looks worthwhile. Does anyone have a current subscription and have access to this plan? I am not sure if it is worth $20+ for a subscription to a magazine that usually doesn't provide enough value for me to get this one plan.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
FYI, sharing copyrighted material on this site is prohibited.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Why do you need a plan? you have the picture?
A base with divots for the pens and then a rack with "grooves" in it to hold the pens...

Mock it up from some pine (I don't like the lack of "lean" for the pens in the picture) then make it out of some "Good" wood...

The "Case / cover" seems pretty strait forward as well... JMHO...

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
This website offers a free 30 day trial of Woodcraft magazine.

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
Woodcraft magazine posted a plan for a pen stand that looks worthwhile. Does anyone have a current subscription and have access to this plan? I am not sure if it is worth $20+ for a subscription to a magazine that usually doesn't provide enough value for me to get this one plan.

I have a free library app called Libby. I was able to view the issue online. You will need a library card to use the app.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Why do you need a plan? you have the picture?
A base with divots for the pens and then a rack with "grooves" in it to hold the pens...

Mock it up from some pine (I don't like the lack of "lean" for the pens in the picture) then make it out of some "Good" wood...

The "Case / cover" seems pretty strait forward as well... JMHO...

I do not have the time or energy to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes it is easier to just use the finished plan rather than figuring out the proportions myself when photos project a concept but not dimensions.

Darl Bundren

Allen
Senior User
Mountain City Bill mentioned Libby--if you have a library card for your local system, you can enter those credentials and access all sorts of digital copies of books and periodicals.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS