load of logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Picked up this load of white oak logs friday, stock was getting low. Also picked up a couple of bonus logs, two black cherry. One was 12' the other 17' and pretty stright too! Had fun sawing those two babies:eusa_danc

Well I was going to try and show a pic of the load of logs, but I can't find it:-x So here is some of the cherry..

Attachments

• mill pic. 001.jpg
    mill pic. 001.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 165
  • mill pic. 008.jpg
    mill pic. 008.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 175

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
how much??? like I need to try to fit anything more into my shop!

some nice looking lumber!

J

jeff...

Ivey did you saw your Wbc at 4/4 and is it yours? If so, I would suggest talking to Scott and see if you can drop it in with the load I got in his kiln. I don't think Scott is going to fire the kiln till Tuesday. That's some really nice WBC and kiln drying will only increase it's value.

Thanks

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I'm just going to have get a money printer!

have to do something with what I have right now, soon (in the next few days, as I clear out a portable storage that costs WAY too much) there will be a total of about 450 bf of wood stock in my one car [strike]garage[/strike] shop. much of it is 8/4 hard maple, some 4/4 BW, and several large (!) strong 5/4 soft maple boards from the last Raleigh/Harbor Freight/Jeff Mills Custom Sawing wood run several months ago, and small stack of Purple Heart, Yellow Heart, European Birch, Bloodwood, and something else I forget the name of. That kitchen project distracted me from getting some projects done, and the wood is just multiplying in the shop!

lottathought

New User
Michael
You guys have no idea how much I would like to clear out a few antiques from my garage so I can take advantage of some of these wood deals.

Going to be a little while longer though.
Got the clock finished. It is now driving my other half nuts with the gonging.:drunken_s
I am now working on the end table and plan to get started on the bookcase this week.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
You guys think you got problems with lumber storage, try storing lumber for the green end of a sawmill:roll:

Jeff, there is between 250-300 b/f do not have good tally yet.

J

jeff...

Ivey your selling WBC already cut for less than I can buy it in the log. I don't know if your mill has a hardwood 1/4 inch scale and if you cut the WBC according to the 1/4 scale but If your 4/4 WBC boards are actual 1 1/8 ~ 1 1/4 thick. Please set it aside for me so I can come look at it and hopefully purchase the whack. I would be foolish to pass it up, it's a fantastic price.

Ofcourse if someone beats me to it, someone beats me to it and go ahead and sell to them.

Thanks

sawman

New User
Albert
Ivey that is some very nice WBC. If Jeff doesnot want it please let me know(PM me) and I will gladly buy a large portion of it.

Later,
Albert

:saw:

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Jeff, I picked up these log at a good price, just passing it along.
I have a 4/4 hardwood scale on my mill along with many others. I also have setworks. My mill cuts straight lumber(when I'm paying attention:roll:).
$1.50 is off the top or stack price. I know you could turn a $ on it up in your area, you have a larger customer base for this sort of wood than I do. Seems everyone around here wants syp framing lumber or w/o trailor decking. I put alot of nice w/o on trailors:crybaby2:

J

jeff...

Ivey - I'll buck to sawman, it'll take me a few weeks to get down there and no sense in you sitting on it that long. Who ever buys it, have a chat with Scott about kiln drying it along with the load I have in his kiln now. That's a dang nice price on that WBC, your really giving it away at that price. Like I said your selling the lumber below what I pay for it in the log :roll:

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Just talked to Jeff on the phone, nice guy. Jeff pointed out to me just how cheap I was selling this WBC. This is the first cherry that I have ever sold.
I was thinking about W/O I guess:eusa_doh:, but I have already posted it here, and on CL so the price stands @ 1.50 B/F. I'll eat this one!:BangHead:

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Found the lost picture of this load of logs. this is the load with one of the cherry logs on top. I know that this wood does not look as good as it does when you guys and gals get through with it, but this is one of the first steps.. :eusa_danc The truck was not over loaded, but I think my trailor had all that it wanted. I do this every friday, the trailor will have to get used to it..:-D

Attachments

• mill pic. 003.jpg
    mill pic. 003.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors