Latest Harley Davidson bullet pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Thanks DaveO for the suggestion on turning resin type blanks.

One of these days i may try turning some different types of pens. But fast as i can make them they are sold.

Blank i picked up at woodcraft, so i could practice turning a resin blanks before i tried to turn a snake blank.

First attempt chisel caught the blanks and shattered.

Second attempt came out good. Wet micro meshed to 12000 and used mothers polish to finish.

hdfront.jpg

hdback.jpg

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Nice job..that acrylic finished up nicely..nice polish. What kind of shell is that? it polished nicely, too, didnt' it!?!?

Chris

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Thanks for the comments.
The shell is .308 wet sanded with 500 grit, 1800 grit and mothers polish.
Then preheated then cooled off. than powder coated.

The acrlic
Haven't shown that pen yet to the place i sell at, yet that is going to be my keeper. (unless the price is right):)

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
i finally did get some 30-06 casing. going to try and do one this weekend. just have to figure out how to do the casing since it is alittle longer then a .308 casing.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
i finally did get some 30-06 casing. going to try and do one this weekend. just have to figure out how to do the casing since it is alittle longer then a .308 casing.

Drill teh primer end out and turn a hardwood blank that fits inside the casing(with tube) The euro tubes are best for this as they are 2&3/8ths inches long.A 30-06 is about 2&1/2 inches long.
Turn a tenon on the bottom of the top barrel so it seats inside the casing.
It adds strength to the pen and shows craftsmanship.
YOur customers will appreciate it when you point it out.
(seal the tenon if the casings aren't powder coated.The brass will oxidized and turn whatever comes in contact with it green if it is an organic material.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS