Klingspor Woodworking Extravaganza October 20th and 21st 2023 (volunteers needed)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
O.K. so we are taking Scholarship donations for pictures or video of @Graywolf "There with bells on"

Richard - what is the minimum?

...GO!

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
I was there last year and it was great. However, this year, I'll be down on lake Marion chasing Santee Cooper cats during that weekend.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry you can’t make Rob. Maybe next year. Hank it just bells, I doubt it rates, but we can always try. There are limits to how far I’m willing to go. 😉

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
To all,
If you are planning on attending and would like to volunteer to help or demo then please DM me so I can coordinate efforts.
Regards,
Matt

rcoant379

Bob
User
I will be making my second (annual) trip all the way from upstate New York (near Canada) and would love to volunteer anywhere you can use me. I’m a 40 year woodworker and tons of experience with helping others. I predominantly dabble in scrollsaw and laser engraving/cutting. I’m also a good talker and could be a greeter. I’m planning to stay overnight (Friday-Saturday) and will be traveling with my friend, The Artisan Pirate so I’ll be available both Friday & Saturday. Looking forward to it!

mpholway

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Reposting...

We have a great start on volunteers to work the event. If you are interested in representing NCWW at the extravaganza post here or send me a DM.

Additionally, we are looking for folks to work at the Cary and Winston-Salem events.

Thanks,
Matt

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That’s to be determined, but is one possibility 😉

mpholway

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am in the midst of planning for the Extravaganza and we have a very exciting program developing. Coleman (Klingspor) has committed to giving us (NCWW) more space and we are adding some new demos that we have never done before. Stay tuned for future developments and make your plans to come to Hickory for a great event.

mpholway

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
The NCWW extravaganza committee met last night and we are getting terribly excited about everything we have planned. We currently have 20 volunteers who are going to be doing demos in pyrography, scroll saw, lathe, hand tool maintenance, finishing, and more. And, for the first time ever, we are also going to demo laser engraving.

If you want to volunteer, it is not too late to help - Just drop me a DM. If you can't volunteer, we would love for you to stop by and say hello – we will be selling NCWW swag, and you could also learn about and make a donation to the NCWW scholarship fund.

Thanks,

Matt

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS