Indonesian Mahogany source?

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I am looking for some 1x4s in stain grade Indonesian Mahogany to trim a door with but having trouble finding it. Any ideas on where in the Raleigh area I might find this wood?

Thx.

David:

You might try Cormark International in Weaverville. If they don't have it, perhaps they can steer you in the direction you need to go. 1 X 4 is probably a stretch, you might be lucky to find it in the rough. Curious why this particular specie; is there not something more domestic, or at least more readily available in the US, that would be similar in color, grain, and hardness?

Good luck
Tone

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
David:

You might try Cormark International in Weaverville. If they don't have it, perhaps they can steer you in the direction you need to go. 1 X 4 is probably a stretch, you might be lucky to find it in the rough. Curious why this particular specie; is there not something more domestic, or at least more readily available in the US, that would be similar in color, grain, and hardness?

Good luck
Tone
Thx. The only reason I am looking for this species is because that is what my door is made out of and I want the trim to match.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS