[How Do I-Help Desk] [How Do I-Help Desk] remember me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Campbell

New User
Allan
I have checked "remember me" many times, but for some reason the site doesn't. It used to many months ago. I don't know why it changed.

I have searched the posts for similar problems and found a few, but no solutions.

I have cookies enabled, you are a trusted site, I use IE 7. The only thing that seems odd is a v bulletin message as I sign off that "all cookies cleared". That seems to say the cookie I need is gone, removed by this site. I can't find a way to tell the site to leave a cookie except possibly the "remember me" box.

Help.

Allan

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Allan I do believe it is your computer settings and not the site. My computer at home remembers me but the one at work does not.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Allen, if you want the site to "remember" you for the next time you open it up. Don't log out. The "remember me" box places a cookie in your cache, so that the next time you open the site you will still be "logged in". By logging out you are removing that cookie and defeating the "remember me" function. When you are done viewing the site, just close out your browser window. I find no reason to log out from the site unless I am viewing it on a public computer. I just close out the window when I am at home, so if you see any really strange posts, they might be coming from my 5 year old :eek::eek:

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
In addition to what others have suggested, make sure your history settings in IE are not set to automatically delete cookies upon exit of IE.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Allen, if you want the site to "remember" you for the next time you open it up. Don't log out. The "remember me" box places a cookie in your cache, so that the next time you open the site you will still be "logged in". By logging out you are removing that cookie and defeating the "remember me" function. When you are done viewing the site, just close out your browser window. I find no reason to log out from the site unless I am viewing it on a public computer. I just close out the window when I am at home, so if you see any really strange posts, they might be coming from my 5 year old :eek::eek:

+1 :icon_thum All but the 5 year old part. :wink_smil

Danny

Allan Campbell

New User
Allan
Thanks folks, that seems to do it.

When I don't sign out, it remembers me when I return.

I had assumed that if I did not sign out and then back in the site would not record that I had made another visit and I would jeopardize my DQ status.

Thanks again.

Allan

TracyP

Tracy

I had assumed that if I did not sign out and then back in the site would not record that I had made another visit and I would jeopardize my DQ status.

Thanks again.

Allan

Allan, you are "Automagically" logged out after 15 minutes or so.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Allan, you are "Automagically" logged out after [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE] 30 minutes or so.

Otto has great patience. Yeah, don't worry about your DQ status. I haven't logged out in 3+ years :roll::roll:

TracyP

Tracy
Otto has great patience. Yeah, don't worry about your DQ status. I haven't logged out in 3+ years :roll::roll:

I stand pleasantly corrected:rotflm::rotflm: 30 minutes is better!!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

Thanks again.

Allan
Alan, I'm a better programmer than that.:gar-La; Both vbulletin's visit code and my visit frequency code, understand how to track visits.:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS