Help-please

Status
Not open for further replies.

meika123

New User
Dave Snider
Guys,
I am getting ready to up-date my DC system, and I am going to use 6" piping throughout, with 4" drops.

My question to you is: Where can I find the best prices on 6" piping and fittings. I am going to use either the white PVC or the green ??? piping-whatever it's called.
Not gonna use the metal ducting-cannot afford it, won't even try. :pain10:
Would love to be able to though.
TIA,
Dave in NC

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Well, Dave, I'll get you started. I've got 35' of S&D D-2729 6" pipe, one long sweep 90°, three 45° bends, a 4" wye and several 6" -> 4" reducers that I'll GIVE YOU to get you started. This is all part of the NCWWer "give forward" program. These are leftovers from my recent install. Check the forum under workshops and you can see the progress of my ClearVue crawl space installation.

For your other needs, it seems that McMaster-Carr in Atlanta (http://www.mcmaster.com) is the best source for 6" fittings and maybe 6" flex. Be sure to get the ASTM D-2729 stuff. For the pipe, see if you have a Smith Turf & Irrigation or a John Deere Landscapes near you. They can order the stuff from other warehouses if they don't stock it. And make sure it is ASTM D-2729.

Now for your end of the deal. You arrange for the NCWoodworker Express to get the stuff from me here in lovely Wilton, NC up to you. I'm in Raleigh near RDU Tu-W-Th and can get the stuff there on those days. It will take a truck or van to transport the pipe, as it comes in 10' sections.

And for what it's worth, consider 6" main, 6" wyes, 6" long sweep elbows AND 6" drops. You'll be glad you did.

M

McRabbet

6" D-2729 (that is the thin-wall, white, bell end Sewer & Drain PVC pipe that is rated for 3000# of outside load for burial - versus SDR-35, which is green, thicker walled and usually with gasketed bell ends and also for sewer and drain use) is hard to find in many locations. As Jim has mentioned, check Landscaping and Irrigation suppliers in the W-S area and some plumbing suppliers, too. I found mine 45 miles south of my town of Hendersonville in Spartanburg, SC at McRey Distributors, Inc. (864-582-8106). I paid $15.50/10 foot length and also got sweep 90's, 6x6x6 and 6x6x4 wyes from them. Ironically, our Lowe's here carry 22-1/2, 45 and both types of wyes, but at 20% higher prices than I could get at McRey's in SC. You'll also need couplings (if you make your own machine ports, cut them in half and mount on 1/4" Baltic Birch with Gorilla Glue; you can also make your own blast gates -- plenty of good shop made designs out there), but do not use tight elbows or Tee's as they restrict flow too much. McMaster-Carr does carry good 6" flex -- I bought a 25' length for about $67 + shipping. HTH.

BTW -- Jim's offer is super -- you are the lucky recipient of his good will!

meika123

New User
Dave Snider
All right. Any body coming from Raleigh to near Winston Salem on any of these days? It would be worth some liquid or financial compensation for them.
I really would like to take advantage of this deal, but find it almost impossible to make it to Raleigh with my life-style being what it is.
And thanks a Mil Fernhollowman.

Dave in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors