Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid

Mike52

New User
Mike
Anyone here have that particular saw? I'm aware of cabinet mounted, trunnions, etc. Would like to hear from actual owners.
Going to replace my older Delta contractor saw and debating.
Thanks
Mike in Bolivia NC

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I did a lot of research and reflection before I bought my current saw. So, not a Griz hybrid owner, but some things to think about.
What is your motivation for changing?
Hybrid is just a contractor saw on a box so it is not really any different and the old Contractor saw is still an icon. But if your old one does not have a riving knife, maybe an upgrade. Can you add a real moving knife? I cheated on my contractor saw with multiple ZCI's with a fixed splitter different distances from the center for differing blade heights so each was within 1/2 inch of the blade. Older Deltas had quite a few after market bits. Doubt the Griz fence is any better than your Delta. I do like hot the Griz motor is mounted close to the arbor more like a cabinet saw. Table or cabinent mount should not really matter if done well. The poly multi-rib belt will run smoother than the V belt on your Delta. The Griz dust collection may be only terrible as opposed to non-existent on your Delta.
Consider quality control and support. Seems hit or miss. If you hit and have a well built saw, people love their Griz. If you do have an issue, it seems to be a total toss-up.

A lot of money but maybe think about your "final" saw and not use up money on a saw that is not any better you will want to replace again.
Of course, all the ra-ra for various SawStops, but to me the bigger and heavier, better fence, and the riving knife are the biggest safety features. If my Harvey C-30 broke in half ( it won't as it is a beast) I would buy their new "Big Eye" saw with the dovetail trunnion and what looks like the best fence on the market. Maybe. I would more likely replace it with a Makita track saw.
If my table saw was my 90% shop tool and I cut plywood all day, I guess I probably would buy the Saw Stop PCS just for the long term probability of an accident. I use my band saw and miter saw far more greatly reducing the probability of a TS accident.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I wonder if you would notice that much between a 2 and 1.75 HP?

An advantage of a cabinet saw is dust collection.

I believe there is another model 0899 (?) someone was discussing on another forum that has a guard with dust collection for a little more. I think it’s worth looking at, but I would use a shop vac, not tie it into the 4” port - that restriction isn’t gonna work too well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS