Gallery

Jeff

New User
Jeff
How to search the Member Gallery by the member name (danmart77, dswalker, etc) to see their pictures or albums? This new system doesn't seem to have that option.

I've tried "Gallery" and "Member Gallery" with a member name but that's not the answer.

FlyingRon

Ron
While on any media page, click the search button in the upper right. Make sure the pulldown has MEDIA selected and then type nothing in the top box and the username in the bottom box.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got the best results by doing this: On the main Media page, above the thumbnail furthest to the right, click the link that says "Filters." Put the member's name in the "Owned By" field, and click "Filter"

Ron, I used your instructions on danmart77, bowman, Graywolf, and Mike Davis. Both bowman and Graywolf returned "No results found," danmart77 returned 5 photos, and Mike Davis returned 16. There appears to be a time-based filter automatically applied.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used Ron's instructions and selected danmart77 (the search filters down the users as more letters are entered).

the search for Dan returned 10 pages of media, as did the search for Mike. The metadata also shows which album the photo belongs to.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Jeff
I can not find any of my 25 plus albums by following the steps Ron has posted. All I get is photos I tried to upload from my computer. As of today, I can not direct a picture into an existing folder.

When you get to the point where there are this many steps to find how to upload a photo, I'm wondering???

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I know that danmart77 has a lot of pictures but most are in his albums and they should appear as separate albums with the pictures. I don't see see his individual albums to select. I'm getting absolutely nowhere with any of the suggestions.

Could someone try searching my "Media"? I have photos and 17 albums I think.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
On my phone I chose the menu (three bars) then Media. On the media screen is a button (Navigation) I clicked that and then Browse Albums. Then filter (by) I typed Jeff then selected Jeff from the pop up.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
This is great from a phone Mike. What do you do if you don't search for others albums on a PC not an Apple for starters?

Next question. How do you upload photos to an existing folder?

Any advice from any readers?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan, please review the HOWTO guide I posted last night. It has several screenshots from a Windows PC.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Thanks to all for suggested ways to search the member galleries. I think I've got it now on my MacBook Pro desktop 'puter.
1. Media/Member Galleries/Filters
2. Type: select images
3. Images: owned by member name
4.Filters

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
What do you do if you don't search for others albums on a PC not an Apple for starters?

Next question. How do you upload photos to an existing folder?
Red menu bar at top of page, media. Click arrow beside media not the word. Drop down menu has (Your Albums). That should take you to your albums.

Once you see your albums, click the one you want to upload to, then click +Add Media, that should bring up a list of files on your computer. Select the files you want to upload, hold down Control to add more than one file. You should hold control before you click the first file if you want to add more than one.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS